Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Headed to Honduras!


“True religion is looking after orphans & widows and keeping oneself from being polluted by the world”
James 1:27

This September, I will be traveling to a girl's shelter in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. This shelter houses girls and young women from the ages of 8 to 23. Among them are victims of sex trafficking, drug mules, as well as abuse in countless other ways, Some are  orphaned.

I am encouraged to say that you & I can make a difference- as of now, all 120 girls at this shelter SHARE 2 bathrooms!  Can you imagine?  Our mission team will be constructing a wing of bathrooms that will positively impact every girl and future resident that comes to this shelter seeking refuge.  

In addition to providing physical needs, we will also be addressing the hurt & devestation these little survivors have been through with discipleship training for the young women, and a joyful Vacation Bible School for the young girls.

I know your heart breaks just as much as mine does for these girl's souls.  Will you consider finding a way to support this work?  Any monetary donation will go a long way.  Does your company match donations?  If so, what an easy way to make a huge impact!  

I am also seeking fervent prayer partners who feel called to the cause.  Will you please let me know how/when you can pray for me as well as our Honduras team?

Lastly, I will be holding a yard sale June 22nd, 2012.  Would you look around your home and see if there is anything you can donate to raise funds for these girls?  I would be very grateful!  Please share this with at least one other friend- 

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.Theodore Roosevelt






No comments:

Post a Comment